X. Adviser’s Role During the Oral Defense
The following roles of the Adviser during the actual oral defense must be observed:
- The adviser can ask clarification and/or questions to help the student but not to answer questions for him.
- The adviser can join the deliberations before grading the student.
- The adviser will be asked to go out during the grading of the paper.
X.1. Criteria in Selecting Qualified English Editors
- Has undergone thesis/dissertation/FS/community project writing.
- Has a specialization in English or a relevant experience in English editing of publishable articles and manuscripts.
- At least an MA degree holder.
- Full-time AUP employee, or a retiree who is accessible to the students.
- Knowledgeable on AUP style or APA writing.
- Should not be a panel member of the student engaging the editing.