N. Student Leave of Absence

A student who plans to stop attending class (for at most one year) is required to apply for a leave of absence through a letter noted by the respective department Chair and the Dean.  This letter will be submitted to the CGS Director for approval by the Graduate Council.  The student's approved period of leave of absence will not be included in the number of years of residency in the university.  

Students returning after an absence must notify the respective department chair and the dean of their intention to return and fulfill the requisite admission requirements.