Adventist University of the Philippines is an institution of higher learning operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church. However, it accepts applications from individuals irrespective of race, color, sect, and religious affiliation, whose manner of acting, feeling and thinking are in harmony with the objectives, values and beliefs of the institution and whose capacities and abilities show the possibility of achieving a satisfactory scholastic record. Although church membership is not a pre-requisite for admission, applicants are expected to abide by the rules and regulations of the University.
English Profieciency as a Requirement for Admission
All students who scored 0-19 in the English Placement Test be required by their department chairs to enroll in Communication Arts 1 with Intensive Review and Lab (6 units). The said students be allowed to take a maximum of 4 subjects only (12 units), making a total of 18 units or less as adviced by the department chairs.
- Go to online application page
For Student Visa Application
A foreign student who comes to the Philippines for the sole purpose of taking courses higher than high school should at least be 18 years of age. He/She must submit the following documents required by the Department of Foreign Affairs:
- Six (6) copies of Personal History Statement (PHS form will be provided) – with original signature, picture, and left and right thumb marks on each copy.
- Two (2) copies of transcript of records – original, translated to English and properly authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service Post located in the applicant’s country of origin or legal residence.
- An affidavit of support and a bank reference/certification of a sponsoring person or organization properly authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service Post located in the applicant’s country of origin or legal residence.
- Photocopy of passport where the picture, birth dates and birthplace appear.
Additional Information for the Admission of Foreign Students
In order for foreign students to have a pleasant stay in the country, they must abide by the following instructions:
- Upon arrival of the student in the Philippines, he/she is required to go to the National Quarantine Office for medical clearance. Then he/she proceeds to the Office of the Bureau of Immigration (BI) to apply for ACR I-Card.
- The student is to enroll in no other school than the Adventist University of the Philippines.
- The student is expected to be a full time student, taking not less than 15 units and should finish the course within the time specified in the approved curriculum.
- An additional fee of PhP1, 000.00 is charged per semester on a foreign student, excluding summer sessions, for services done for them while they are in the Philippines. (DECS Order No. 74, s. 1989)
- A foreign undergraduate married student coming with his/her family is not provided housing.
- All foreign students, except the married ones are expected to stay in the dormitory and eat at the University Cafeteria which serves vegetarian food only.
- Any irregularity committed by a foreign student, academic or behavioral, will be reported to the office of the Bureau of Immigration for proper action.
Requirements for Change of Status from Temporary Visitor to Foreign Student Visa (Under Section 9(f) of the PIA of 1940, as amended)
- Written endorsement from the school for the conversion of applicant’s status to student on the school’s official stationary signed by the school’s Registrar and stamped with the school’s official dry seal
- Original copy of the Notice of Acceptance (NOA) containing a clear impression of the school’s official dry seal
- Original copy of the Certificate of Eligibility for Admission (CEA) issued by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) for Medicine and Dentistry students
- Proof of adequate financial support to cover the expenses for the student’s accommodation and subsistence as well as the school dues and other incidental expenses
- Scholastic records duly authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service Post located in the student’s country of origin or legal residence
- Police Clearance Certificate issued by the National Police Authorities in the student’s country of origin or residence duly authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service Post having consular jurisdiction over the place for student who resided in the Philippines for less than 59 days.
- However, for a student who resided in the Philippines for less than 59 days at the time he applies for the said change/conversion of his admission status to that of a student, he shall also be required to submit the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) clearance.
- Quarantine Medical Clearance Certificate by the National Quarantine Office
- Copy of the student’s Personal History Statement signed by the student with a 2 x 2-inch photograph just recently taken
- Photocopy of the photo, data and stamp of the latest arrival pages of the passport of the student. The passport itself shall be presented to the BI office for verification
- National Intelligence Coordinating Agency (NICA) Clearance
Source: Republic of the Philippines, Department of Justice, Bureau of Immigration, Manila.
Requirements for Special Study Permits for Foreign Students
A foreign student who is below 18 years of age (minor under guardianship) is required to apply for Special Study Permit from the Bureau of Immigration with the following requirements:
- Letter request from the duly appointed guardian / parents if in the country
- Certificate of acceptance from the school
- Photocopy of passport reflecting applicant’s valid stay
- Affidavit of support and the proof thereof (bank certificate) / Guaranty of return to country of origin
- Birth certificate
- Affidavit executed by the parents appointing said guardian to take custody and care over the minor-applicant (if executed outside the Philippines, the same must be duly authenticated to be admitted as foreign document/s; if executed in the Philippines, parents’ passport must be presented)
- Photocopy of the guardians’ passport reflecting authorized stay, if guardian is an alien and he/she must not be a mere 9(a) visa holder
- Inquiries or application for admissions to AUP should be addressed to:
The University Registrar
Adventist University of the Philippines
P.O. Box 1834, Manila 0901 Philippines
Location Address : Puting Kahoy, Silang 4118 Cavite
Telephone Nos. : (049)541-1211 to1225
Fax Nos. : (049) 541-1228; 1229
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.aup.edu.ph
- Applicants must submit the completed application forms together with a non-refundable application fee and all the admission requirements to the University Registrar’s office.
- After all the admission requirements are submitted, the applicant must take the entrance examinations administered by the Guidance Department.