College of Education
The College of Education is committed to train future teachers to be effective Christian Educators and restorers of the image of God in their respective fields of endeavor.
The College of Education envisions being a center of excellence towards accelerated development for Global Competitiveness.
It shall be the utmost concern of the College of Education to enhance the quality of its teacher training program through appropriate strategies as catalyst to maximum development of future teachers for national and global relevance.
- Develop strong and positive conviction for the teaching ministry.
- Develop qualities of a Christian teacher.
- Demonstrate ability to handle classroom teaching.
- Evidence a close relationship with the Master Teacher.
- Engage in professional growth and upgrading.
- Prove responsible and dependable in various work assignments.
- Exhibit self-worth and good mental health.
- Integrate faith and learning in both academic and non-academic activities.
- Involve self adequately in church services, community outreach, and national economic progress and unity.
- Find placement among the teaching forces in both Seventh-day Adventist and non-Seventh-day Adventist institutions.
- Remain loyal to and supportive of the needs of the College of Education.
- Provide materials for individual differences within the framework of the school program.
- Discover and employ appropriate methods and a variety of instructional techniques.
- Appreciate the psychology of learning and recognize that each child is a precious jewel for the kingdom of God.
- Demonstrate high standards of ethic, in accord with the Code of Ethics for Professional Teachers and the Seventh-day Adventist ethics of the education profession.
- Expose students to different classrooms setting and allow them to participate in the different levels.
- Require them to participate and teach in the children and youth divisions of the church during the Sabbath School classes.
- Ask them to conduct and assist in the branch Sabbath School program outside the University.
- Participate in the tutorial classes for elementary in our adopted school and in the academic among foreign students.
- Implement field study one – six extensively.
- Provide them retreat to learn more about god and to understand its other as their partners in the world of work.
- Provide them separate Sabbath activities to know more about the Master teacher.
- Provide them for a better knowledge about God and enrichment to equip them to be good teachers someday.
- Provide them seminar – workshop.
- Allow them to occupy positions in the different clubs and train them to run the program under the College supervision.
- Develop the self-esteem of the students by encouraging them to do their best in the different classes.
- Provide them incentives if they excel in their performance by recognizing them publicly.
- Require them to speak in English in the College for employment locally & globally.
- Require teachers to incorporate values in their syllabi and in their actual teaching.
- Require teachers to become models to the students.
- Provide them activities for community work through outreach and community extension program.
- Develop tie-up locally and internationally for employment purposes within the church and in the secular world.
- Hire graduate from the field and connect them to AUP or serve as a resource speaker.
- Assist students who have difficulty in compliance with course work during consultation hours.
- Provide material support for the student if needed.